Orion’s 15 licensed residential settings offer safe, comfortable, family-oriented living environments in residential neighborhoods throughout Maricopa County. Our staff provide 24-hour supervision and assistance, 7 days a week to ensure health & safety, promote good personal hygiene, and foster the development of coping skills, self-awareness, social skills and community involvement.
Friends and family are always welcome to visit our homes. Family involvement is a vital component to the overall success of our resident’s treatment. Orion Homes is committed to integrating family members throughout the treatment process. This begins prior to admission, when we seek family input regarding their loved one’s personality and preferences. During initial treatment planning, family input will help provide the framework for building an individualized and specific course of care. Throughout treatment, we encourage the family to maintain consistent involvement in the process, including visiting the home when possible.
Orion is proud of the opportunities its community programs provide to our residents. Our educational program allows residents to acquire computer, organizational and communication skills which will benefit them in all areas of their life. Our work program allows them to learn job skills and develop a positive work history while earning a paycheck.
Orion Homes’ programming includes daily recreational and social activities, both in-home and in the community. Our goal is to empower our residents to be as independent as possible, assume responsibility for their behaviors, develop positive coping skills and learn effective communication techniques.
Services and Amenities
- 24-hour staff supervision and support
- Bathing, hygiene and dressing assistance
- Medication management
- Three home-cooked meals and two snacks daily
- Menus designed and monitored by a Registered Dietician
- Registered Nurses and Licensed Counselors on staff
- Educational job skills program
- Paid work program
- Furnished bedrooms with televisions, satellite TV and internet access
- Private rooms available
- Exterior security systems
- Handicapped accessible restrooms
- Resident-specific activity programs (gardening, exercise, reading, crafts, outings, etc)
- Transportation to appointments, activities and family visits
- All vans less than 3 years old